#OSDFCon 2020, One for the Record Books
While many events were feeling downsized and forlorn with having to go virtual, the Open Source Digital Forensics Conference this year was a huge success — the largest virtual event in Basis Technology’s history.
Most years when OSDFCon is held in-person in the Washington, D.C. area attendees vary between 400 to 600. This year, over 13,000 people registered, and more than 5,700 people participated throughout the day.
Brian Carrier again served as conference chair and emceed the whole day from his self-made studio. Other speakers included:
- Brian Moran BriMor Labs
- Jamie Levy, Volatility
- Kumarshankar Raychaudhuri, LNJN National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India
- Sarah Edwards, BlackBag Technologies and SANS
- Harlan Carvey, DFIR Nerd
- Joseph Mccormack, Champlain College
- Austin Grupposo, Champlain College
- Ali Hadi, Champlain College
- Asif Matadar, Tanium
- Alexis Brignoni, FBI
Thank you to our Autopsy Module Contest participants, this year’s winners were:
- SpeechToText module
- Forensic Analysis for Mobile Apps (FAMA)
Once again thank you to our sponsors:
A huge thank you to everyone else who made this event a rousing success!