Version 4.20.0 for Windows
Download for Linux and OS X
Autopsy 4 will run on Linux and OS X. To do so:
- Download the Autopsy ZIP file (NOTE: This is not the latest version)
- Linux will need The Sleuth Kit Java .deb Debian package
- Follow the instructions to install other dependencies
3rd Party Modules
3rd party add-on modules can be found in the Module github repository.
From this repository, you can download all modules or just the ones that you want.
You can find other versions of Autopsy at:
Six files are made available with each release:
- autopsy-X.X.X-32bit.msi: A 32-bit Windows installer.
- autopsy-X.X.X-64bit.msi: A 64-bit Windows installer.
- autopsy-X.X.X.zip: Used for Linux and OS X installations and for module developers.
- One .asc file (GPG signature) for each of the above files.
- Source code at github.com
- Brian’s GPG Key: local copy or MIT’s server
- See the Developer’s Guide for details on the source code repository.
See the support page for details on reporting bugs.
Download and Register
Cyber Triage is fast and affordable incident response software any organization can use to rapidly investigate its endpoints. Built by Brian Carrier, Cyber Triage is designed to support the needs of cyber first responders in law enforcement, consulting firms, and internal security teams. Basis Technology builds proven AI solutions for analyzing text, connecting data silos, & discovering digital evidence.