Autopsy for Special Operations and Field Analysis
At the 2014 SOFIC (Special Operations Forces Industry Conference) we demonstrated how Autopsy could be used in conjunction with text analytics to gather better intelligence in the field.
Military and law enforcement groups that encounter digital media in the field often have two options:
- Perform a high-level triage in the field, limiting the search to predefined items
- Send the media to a lab for a deep dive analysis, which could take days, weeks, or longer
Autopsy provides a flexible and optimized medium-dive solution for gathering intelligence during the critical 2-hour post-acquisition window.
- Enables mission- and case-specific in-depth searches
- Provides opportunities for extensive keyword searching, file carving, fuzzy hashing, and hashset analysis that is not limited by device subset or hard coded locations
- Allows ad-hoc keyword searches based on names and concepts that are mentioned by suspects and witnesses.
- Can perform advanced text and image analytics.
As the premier open source digital forensics platform, Autopsy is trusted by military and law enforcement organizations worldwide, and is ideal for medium-dive exploration.
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Supports hard drives, media cards, and cell phones
- Provides results ASAP – user content analyzed in a 2-hour window
- Extensible and modular – enables GOTS and custom COTS to be integrated based on the needs of a specific mission
Text Gisting in Action